Yep, still happening. Grab these great Champagnes to celebrate getting through another pandemic week!
- Laurent Perrier Brut La Cuvée: This is probably my favorite Champagne in this price range (and frankly even compared to other price ranges). Has such great apple fruit balanced with a hint of lime, and the bubbles are perfect. $45
- Leclerc Briant: LOVE that there’s 40% Pinot Meunier in this – a very large amount for typical Champagne, and gives it a lot of floral complexity. $68
- Drappier Carte d’Or: Really enjoyed this one, not surprisingly since it’s 75% Pinot Noir and I love the fruity notes that Pinot-leaning bubblies have. $40
- Pommery Pink Pop: Minis are brilliant – perfect for a quick glass. And this fruity and bright flavor profile fits the fun. Four 187ml bottles for $65.
- Champagne Delamotte rosé: This rosé from the sister wine of Salon is made in the saignèe technique, where the grapes are macerated on their skin to get more color and structure. The result is elegant raspberry, tart cherry and slatey minerality. $82
- Perrier-Jouët Blanc de Blancs: the House introduced its first all-Chardonnay cuvées in the 1920s, before we started calling them “Blancs de Blancs”. This is a very floral expression with lots of luscious yellow apple and bright lemon peel notes. $85
Want to be the first to get the monthly recommendations? Woo hoo, sign up here!
Can’t wait to try a few of these bubblies! Thank you. Keep up the informative pieces. As a somm, I am always up for reading more. If you are ever in Sonoma CA, look me and my wine touring business up! Cheers. https://www.vinesofsonoma.com