Wine fever is sweeping the NBA in a major way lately. Seriously, this article goes so in depth you’d think it was like Watergate or something. But it’s amazing to hear all these guys talk about how much they’re obsessed with wine, and that one of the greatest accolades they can hear is that they might be a future winemaker.
So as you do absolutely nothing but watch games and listen to sneakers squeaking today, pop like a baller with these players’ favorite grapes.
- Cavalier LeBron James: drank some big, brawny Cab at Mayacamas in Napa with the rest of the Cavs ($125)
- Laker Channing Frye: lives in Oregon in summer and digs their Pinot Noir (so do I – it’s fruity and earthy at once). Try the elegant Domaine Drouhin ($44)
- Rocket Ryan Anderson: likes NZ Sauvignon Blanc so much he went there on his honeymoon. I went there last month and liked the nicely muted tropical flavors in Giesen ($11.99)
- Laker Luol Deng: got hooked on wine via an Argentine Malbec. Get hooked on this great-for-grilling Nieto Sentiner ($14.99) – the gritty tannins make it great for charred meat!
- Heat Dwayne Wade: Ultimate ballin’ – makes his own Cab with Napa winemaker Jayson Pahlmeyer. They might even make a rosé soon – real men drink rosé.
You could’ve balled sooner if you were signed up for grapefriend’s monthly wine reco’s! Sign up to get the scoop on what to drink with each month’s biggest events here!