It’s US Open time! Who cares who’s acing and defaulting, let’s get right to what they’re drinking.
If you’re at the Open, there’s actually a signature cocktail that’s been available for the past few years called the Honey Deuce.
- 1 1/4 parts Grey Goose Vodka
- fresh squeezed lemonade
- 1/2 part Chambord (or raspberry liqueur)
- crushed ice
- honeydew melon balls for garnish
Fill a chilled highball glass with crushed ice and add the vodka. Top with the lemonade to just below the rim and then add Chambord. Garnish with honeydew melon balls, so you feel very tennis-y.
The tennis ball is apparently very inspirational to mixologists, and it brings us to our next drink.
If you’re in NYC but don’t feel like dealing with the traffic and crowds (I totally get it), park yourself at the Waldorf Astoria. I saw on their blog that the Bar Manager there created a drink called The Tennis Ball, so-titled because it’s actually the color of a tennis ball. They call it “refreshing and light” and it’s made of:
- Zubrowka Bison Grass Infused Vodka
- honey syrup (made with their own Top of the Waldorf honey)
- fresh lemon juice
- Midori melon liqueur
- Cocchi Americano (an apertif that gives it the yellow color)
Hopefully, you’ll love-love both of them.