The east coast is bracing for Irene. This, after we just had an earthquake (during which the only thing that got truly rocked was nerves). Thanks to everyone’s severe and successful attempts at freaking me out, I’ll be evacuating. If you’re sticking around, though, you don’t want to be caught unprepared. grapefriend suggests having the following things on hand:
1) flashlight – you don’t want to be blindly searching through your wines
2) candles – romantic scene-setting while drinking
3) food – just make sure it will pair well with your wine
4) generator – if your wine fridge goes down, I don’t even want to think about the consequences
5) bottled water – this will help alleviate the following day’s hangover
Stay dry (and not in the non-drinking sense)!
that’s not only funny, but clever.