Awards seasons is in full swing, and that means lots of champagne being popped. First we saw everyone chugging the Moet at the Golden Globes, and at tonight’s SAG Awards get ready for tons of Taittinger!
This is the 13th year they’re sponsoring the SAG Awards and to open the red carpet, Peter Facinelli (nominated for “Nurse Jackie”) will join Taittinger’s artistic director Vitalie Taittinger in a toast from a magnum of Taittinger Brut La Française. BLF is a blend of 40% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Noir, 25% Pinot Meunier from at least 35 villages. This is actually a high proportion of Chardonnay than other nonvintage Champagnes.
For the rest of the night, Taittinger is serving:
- 2 Methuselah (6 Liter) bottles of Brut La Française for the auction
- 220 1/2 bottles of sweet “sec” Nocturne for nominees’ gift bags
- 160 magnums of Brut La Française for the dinner
- 155 bottles of Brut La Française at the bars during the show
- 288 bottles of Brut La Française at the after-party