I’ve never been drinking an amazing Champagne and thought, “Hey, I’d like this all over my body!” Apparently, people who work at the Cadogan Hotel have.
Starting today, they’re offering a Champagne bath menu. To fill the tub, it take 122 bottles so you can imagine it’s a little pricier than grabbing a beverage from the mini bar. Here are your choices:
- 1998 Louis de Custine Brut bath, £4,000 ($6275 US)
- Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut 2002, £6,000 ($9,400 US)
- Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé 2004, £8,000 ($12,500 US)
- Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label 2006, £8,000 ($12,500 US)
- Dom Pérignon 2002, £25,000 ($39,000 US)
Optional: a “bath butler” to serve chocolate-covered strawberries and pour you some complimentary Champers – glad someone might be interested in drinking. Still, awkward.
They think it’s the “ultimate indulgence” to mark the hotel’s 125th anniversary. I think it’s the “ultimate stupid move”! Sticking to traditional bubbles for my bath, but I’ll take the complimentary Champagne to go with.